Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Polaris--Library search engine

My public library uses Polaris so that when I am searching for a book, I can find related books and information on a more global scale. It helps to have additional information than just what books are contained within our library walls. I didn't know all of the options and resources that it could provide until I played around with it one day while doing a class assignment. It is amazing the connections that can be made for you as you are doing a project. The website for Polaris is www.polarislibrary.com. It seems that new libraries are joining all the time. I have found this to be a wonderful resource that I will use at my public library. Look for Polaris the next time you go to your library!

2 comments:

  1. I went to my library and was disappointed that I didn't find Polaris...Ill keep looking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen,
    Our public library does not carry this resource either. But I was thinking that maybe I could use it to research prior to going and then collect materials at the library. It seems like it would be a great resource to access different variations of the same story.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete