Tuesday, April 27, 2010

National Geographic Kids: Dogeared Book Club







http://kidsblogs.nationalgeographic.com/dogeared

I found this resource by going to a resource I use all the time: The American Library Association Website (http://www.ala.org/). I'm sure most of you have used this site at some point or another, but if not you really should check it out. They have a particular page designated to great web sites for kids. I chose this one because I have used National Geographic Kids in the past as a resource and know them to have excellent information. What is so cool about National Geographic Kids Dogeared is that it is a blog for kids that is ALL about books. Kids can share information on the books they've read, their opinions on them, create reading wish lists, and so much more. It's really a fantastic resource for kids, but also for teachers. Teachers can go on this site and find out which books students like and enjoy. The bloggers are of all ages: 6, 12, 12, etc. What's also so cool about this site is that you can navigate through it so easily. You can search by blogger, subject or category, or just browse. You really must check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! i am always looking for resources that tell me about good books to use with children. What better resource than listening to what kids say themselves. I will definitely be using this in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete