Saturday, September 18, 2010

Annie's Resource Share


The resource I would like to share is www.librarything.com. I have found this website to be a wonderful resource to quickly recall books you have within your classroom library. You can add tags to each book and search by those tags. If I need to find a good book to model locating main idea I type main idea and it will bring up all the books in my library that I have included as main idea books. I can search for authors, titles, genres, tags or themes. It simplifies finding books within my library. I don’t know what I would do without it!

2 comments:

  1. This is perfect! The alternative school I work at is actually in an old elementary school, and my computer lab for my online program is in the media center. I have quite an interesting collection of books that were there when I showed up, but there is no record of what is there. There are books that are 3rd grade level all the way up to collegiate level! I have been wanting to organize and sort them, but didn't know the best way to go about it. I started working on it at the end of last school year but became overwhelmed quickly. I think this site will bring new life to my project. Now, if I can just find the time:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has a scanner as well that you can purchase which makes things much easier.

    ReplyDelete