Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Paige's Resource Share

I have chosen to share one of my current professor's blog as a resource.  Her name is Karen Wohlwend and she teaches my T2T class on elementary language arts methods.  Her blog is about new types of literacies taking place in elementary classrooms.  I think this is a great resource because literacy is constantly evolving and kids are using more up to date on the latest forms of literacy (blogs, texting, emails,....) than adults sometimes.  Teaching New Literacies in Elementary Schools

1 comment:

  1. I was browsing her blog, it is very informative. New literacy are something that interest me greatly. They are now the reality, technology is essential to creating engaging teaching, my students have ipods, and cell phones and talk about using them constantly. We had a parade and the school was walking in it and one of the kids was texting someone on his phone and asked how to spell parade, it just surprises me how early they are literate in the use of technology.

    ReplyDelete